April 6, 5–9 p.m.
- Free general museum admission,* 5–9 p.m.
- Full-service bar with special Free First Thursday Night prices. The Art Bar at MAM is provided by Krug Catering at Orange Lawn Tennis Club and NJ Beer Co. MAM members receive a special discount on drinks at the bar! Cash and credit card accepted.
- Live music in the galleries with Tango Trio
- No Limits: Emerging Artists from Arts Unbound — In partnership with Arts Unbound and Opportunity Project, this community exhibition spotlights 17 artists with disabilities. Headlining the exhibition is Jason Towns, one of OP's longtime members and an artist-in-residence at MAM for over 13 years. Meet and greet the artists and celebrate their accomplishments from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Watch An Essay on Matisse, a documentary with Ken Mandel, starting at 7 p.m.
- Roaming docents will provide insights on the art on view. Take a tour of Janet Taylor Pickett: The Matisse Series at 6:30 p.m.
- Get creative in the drop-in Yard School of Art Draw Along Workshop
- Learn more from our friends at NJPAC
- Food Trucks: Empanada Guy & Thai Elephant
More at MAM: These add-on experiences enhance Free First Thursday Night:
- Pay only the $6 special exhibition fee for Matisse and American Art! Members and children under 12 see it free.
- Kids' Creativity Center lets parents make a play date with art! Appreciate the full experience of Free First Thursday Night while your kids (ages 5+) enjoy getting creative in our new Helen and Bill Geyer Art Studio. Class fee includes themed project, small-group art instruction, and all materials. Reserve your time slot now!
Save the dates:
- May 4*
- June 1*
*Admission does not include special exhibition fee for Matisse and American Art. Members see it free!
We encourage you to bring groups to Free First Thursday Nights! We ask that groups of 10 or more RSVP to email@example.com. In return, we'll give your group a special mention on the Free First Thursday Nights webpage.
Visitors are encouraged to share their Free First Thursday Night experience on social media.Find the Museum @MAMmontclair and share your posts with #MAMfftn.