March 2, 5–9 p.m.
- Free general museum admission, 5–9 p.m. Take a tour at 6:30 or 7:30 p.m.
- Hear a curator talk on the new exhibition Matisse and American Art with Dr. Gail Stavitsky at 6:30 p.m. Then, at 7 p.m. view a film screening of An Essay on Matisse with Ken Mandel.
- Full-service bar with special Free First Thursday Night prices. The Art Bar at MAM is provided by Krug Catering at Orange Lawn Tennis Club and NJ Beer Co. MAM members receive a special discount on drinks at the bar! Cash and credit card accepted.
- Live French music with Chloé Perrier - Cœur de Française in the galleries
- Take home your very own minute miniature watercolor by local artist Diane Israel
- Discover Flame Working with a demonstration by GlassRoots
- Get creative in the drop-in Yard School of Art Draw Along Workshop
- Elephant Thai Food Truck
- MAM welcomes the LGBT Chamber of Commerce and French Institute Alliance Francaise
More at MAM: These add-on experiences enhance Free First Thursday Night:
- Pay only the $6 special exhibition fee for Matisse and American Art! Members and children under 12 see it free.
- Kids' Creativity Center lets parents make a play date with art! Appreciate the full experience of Free First Thursday Night while your kids (ages 5+) enjoy getting creative in our new Helen and Bill Geyer Art Studio. Class fee includes themed project, small-group art instruction, and all materials. Reserve your time slot now!
Save the dates:
- April 6*
- May 4*
- June 1*
*Admission does not include special exhibition fee for Matisse and American Art. Members see it free!
We encourage you to bring groups to Free First Thursday Nights! We ask that groups of 10 or more RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. In return, we'll give your group a special mention on the Free First Thursday Nights webpage.
Visitors are encouraged to share their Free First Thursday Night experience on social media.Find the Museum @MAMmontclair and share your posts with #MAMfftn.