Deepen Your Understanding and Appreciation of Native American Art and Culture
Join the Frends of Native American Art, an affiliate group for MAM members who share an interest in exploring the Native American art and life woven throughout our country’s cultural fabric. Friends of Native American Art investigates art, identity and culture through the lens of Native American art and craft. This special interest group is open exclusively to MAM members and offers a robust schedule of special events led by Museum Director, Lora S. Urbanelli, and Curator of Native American Art, Pamela Jardine, including:
- Exhibition tours
- Collection tours
- First-look at films and lectures
- Curated Travel
Museum members at the Friends & Family level or above are welcome to join the Friends of Native American Art with an additional fee of $125 for two people. Contact Frances Smith at 973-259-5151 for more information and to join!
Tuesday, April 23, 6 p.m.
Thursday, May 30, 6:30 p.m.
- The MET Tour: Art of Native America – The Charles And Valerie Diker Collection
- Tour of Transformer: Native Art in Light and Sound with Curator Kathleen Ash‐Milby
- Visit to Sikkema Jenkins & Co with special guest, Jeffrey Gibson
- Special Advance Screening Te Ata
- Tour and Discussion about the exhibition Jimmie Durham: At the Center of the World at the Whitney Museum of American Art
- Meet the Collectors: Marjorie and Irwin Goodman
For more information, please contact:
Contact Frances Smith, 973-259-5151 or email email@example.com