Create your own balancing act inspired by Chaim Gross' artwork "Three Acrobats" in MAM's collection.
Pencil, Erasure, Scissors, Cereal Box or Similar Cardboard (4”x4” Square is a good size), Colored Pencils or Markers, Black Sharpie Marker (optional)
Then follow these steps:
- Fold cereal cardboard in half and drawing against the fold create a half of a figure by drawing half a head, one arm bending down and one leg bending up (see photo)
- Carefully cut the shape with the cardboard still folded (do not cut along the folded side) and open to see a symmetrical figure.
- Experiment with different ideas to create a balancing act. Use a pencil to trace the figure several times in the desired composition (see example photo).
- Add a creative idea, a line to show the ground and/or patterns and details to the figures.
- Outline with a black sharpie for emphasis (optional step).
- Use colored pencils or markers to complete your composition.