Plan Your Visit
Address: 3 South Mountain Avenue Montclair, New Jersey 07042-1747
|Students, Seniors (65+), Veterans, with ID||$10|
|Children under 12||FREE|
|Members||FREE (Join today!)|
|Gallery and Store Hours**|
*Paid personal care partners are admitted free of charge. Trained service animals are welcome.
**The Museum and The Store at MAM are closed on New Year's Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year's Eve. The Museum and The Store at MAM close at 3 p.m. on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.
Free First Thursday Nights
General admission is free of charge for everyone from 5–9 p.m. on the first Thursday of the month (October – June, excluding January). Check the Free First Thursday Nights schedule for the latest news on programming.
Student & Senior Free Fridays
General admission is free of charge for students and seniors (age 65+) with valid ID the first Friday of every month 12–5 p.m. We also welcome special needs groups with free admission on the first Friday of the month. Please contact Benedetta Balsimelli, Education Coordinator, at email@example.com or 973-259-5136 to coordinate your group visit.
Blue Star Museum
MAM is a proud Blue Star Museum, offering free general admission to active military and their families year round. For more information about the Blue Star Museums program, please visit arts.gov/national/blue-star-museums.
All entrances and public areas at MAM are fully wheelchair accessible. Both the South Mountain Avenue Entrance and Nathaniel C. Harris Jr. Entrance are automated for wheelchair access. A main elevator services all three floors of the Museum. Please call in advance for special assistance 973-746-5555.
The Montclair Art Museum welcomes families! Here are some quick tips for a great experience:
- Strollers are permitted, but double wide and extra large strollers may not be permitted in certain galleries for the protection of the artwork. There will be places to park your extra large strollers during your visit.
- Large bags, especially backpacks, will not be permitted in the galleries, for the protection of the artwork. You are welcome to check them in our self-coat check during your visit.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the galleries. There are places throughout the Museum where you can enjoy a drink or snack, including in our café reception on the 1st Floor of the Museum.
- There are changing stations in both the women's and men's restrooms on the 1st Floor of the Museum.
- Be sure to visit our Learning Lab on the 3rd Floor of the Museum. This interactive space is open during gallery hours and offers self-guided art activities.
Photography is permitted in the Museum so long as the images are taken using existing light only (no flash) and are for personal, noncommercial use. Photography is often restricted in special exhibition galleries. Please consult with the receptionist upon arrival.
Welcome to the Neighborhood
Montclair Art Museum is located in downtown Montclair, New Jersey, 12 miles west of NYC. Montclair Center was named a 2015 Great American Main Street Award Winner. Watch the video here. The Montclair Center BID also offers detailed guides on dining, shopping, and services. For a site dedicated to eating in Montclair and neighboring communities, visit www.montclaireats.com. To find Montclair hotels nearby, visit HotelsCombined. Learn more about Montclair in a original 30-minute film directed by filmmaker and creative director Mido Emad, Montclair the Show.
All MAM programs are supported, in part, by the New Jersey State Council on the Arts/Department of State, a Partner Agency of the National Endowment for the Arts, and by funds from the National Endowment for the Arts, Carol and Terry Wall/The Vance Wall Foundation, the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation, and Museum members.