Sunday 12–5 p.m.
Wednesday 12–5 p.m.
Thursday 12–5 p.m.
Friday 12–5 p.m.
Saturday 12–5 p.m.
Sunday 12–5 p.m.
3 South Mountain Avenue
Montclair, New Jersey 07042-1747
The Montclair Art Museum is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Accessible parking is available near both the South Mountain Avenue entrance and the Nathaniel C Harris Jr. education entrance, and both entrances have automatic push button openers. Automobiles can pull up to the front entrance to drop off individuals and small groups. All public areas at MAM are fully wheelchair accessible. Please refer to the Accessibility page for complete information. If you have any additional questions, please call 973-746-5555.
*The Museum and The Store at MAM are closed on New Year's Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day. Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year's Eve. The Museum and The Store at MAM close at 3 p.m. on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.
Students and seniors with valid ID are invited to visit MAM for free on the first Friday of every month. (Includes a public tour at 2 p.m. from October–June!)
We also welcome special needs groups with free admission on the first Friday of the month. Please contact Benedetta at email@example.com or 973-259-5136 to coordinate your group visit.
Bank of America, Merrill Lynch and U.S. Trust credit and debit cardholders receive free admission on the first full weekend of every month, courtesy of Bank of America.
MAM is a proud Blue Star Museum, offering free general admission to active military and their families year round. For more information, visit arts.gov.
Photography is permitted in the Museum when using existing light only (no flash) and for personal, noncommercial use. Photography is often restricted in special exhibition galleries. Please consult with the receptionist upon arrival. Tripods, gimbals, and booms require prior notice and permission.
Once a month, we throw a free party and everyone's invited. Admission is free from 5-9 p.m. on the first Thursday of the month (October - June, excluding January).
Hop in on a public tour on the first Thursday night, first Friday, and third Sunday of each month from October–June (may exclude January).
Led by MAM docents and educators, gallery tours are customizable for any group of visitors from ages 1 to 101
MAM members can enjoy free admission to our galleries AND great discounts at local restaurants with our Members' Restaurant Guide.
Some family FAQs
- Be sure to visit our Learning Lab on the 3rd Floor. This interactive space is open during gallery hours and offers self-guided art activities.
- Strollers are permitted, but double wide and extra large strollers may not be permitted in certain galleries for the protection of the artwork. There will be places to park your extra large strollers during your visit.
- Large bags, especially backpacks, will not be permitted in the galleries. You are welcome to check them in our self-coat check during your visit.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the galleries. There are places throughout the Museum where you can enjoy a drink or snack, including at our café tables on the 1st Floor.
- There are changing stations in both the women's and men's restrooms on the 1st Floor of the Museum.
- Becoming a Family Member gives you discounts on our many family programs, classes, and more!
- Have fun!