Create an art project with a MAM instructor from your home with Cyber Studio! Today's Starbursts are inspired by Shore, (1985) by Mel Bochner.
Mel Bochner is an American Conceptual artist best known for his rainbow colored palettes and his quotation, “My feeling was that there were ways of extending, or re-inventing visual experience, but that it was very important that it remain visual".
- Colored Pencils or Markers
- Black Sharpie Marker (optional)
- White drawing paper
- Make two pencil dots about three finger spaces apart lightly label on A and the other B. Hint: draw very lightly because these letters will be later erased.
- Add 6 more pencil dots. Three above A and B and three below A and B.
- Create angle lines like the ones in Shore by connecting the dots as follows: A to 1 to B, A to 2 to B, and so on. (erase the letters A and B once you are done)
- Add a few more angles to create a sense of balance if needed.
- Practice adding value to the sections by pressing down hard and gradually applying less pressure to get lighter and lighter. Experiment with blending more than one color if desired.
- Carefully cut out the star shape.