- The Museum accepts mailed, walk-in, and faxed registrations using the enrollment forms found in the brochure and processes online registrations through the Museum’s website. Walk-in registrations may be completed at, and left at, the Museum’s receptionist desk. MAM does not accept registration for art classes over the phone.
- Registrations are processed in the order in which they are received and class enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis. Museum members can take advantage of priority registration prior to open enrollment.
- MAM reserves the right to refuse admission or dismiss any student due to inappropriate behavior.
- Students are not permitted to promote businesses or groups that compete with MAM’s mission during class time or through student interactions, and will be dismissed from class without refund or refused admission.
- Registration is complete when MAM is in receipt of full payment.
- No confirmations will be sent in the mail. If you provide an email address at the time of registration, you will receive an email confirmation approximately one week prior to the start of class. MAM staff will contact students only in the event of class cancellation or if class reaches maximum enrollment before your registration is received. Assume a class is running and your registration has been accepted unless you are contacted.
- Classes and workshops not meeting a minimum enrollment one week prior to the first day will be cancelled.
- Students enrolling after the start of the session are still required to pay full tuition. Tuition is not pro-rated.
Spray paints, fixatives, and aerosols are prohibited in adult and youth classes. We recommend the use of non-toxic, no-odor solvents; ask your instructor for more information. Materials for children's and young teen courses are provided.
Supply Lists (Adult and students 16+)
Refunds for Children’s Classes and Camps
Full refunds will be provided in the event that a class or workshop does not meet minimum enrollment and is canceled. All other refunds are subject to a nonrefundable $25 administrative fee. Tuition will be refunded if notice of withdrawal is provided at least 30 DAYS prior to start date of the camp session from which you are withdrawing. If notice of withdrawal is given less than 30 DAYS prior to the start date of the camp from which you are withdrawing, you will receive a 50% refund, less the $25 administrative fee. No refunds will be given after the start date of the session for which you are enrolled.
Refunds for Adult and Teen Classes and Workshops
Full refunds will be provided in the event that a class or workshop does not meet minimum enrollment and is canceled. All other refunds are subject to a nonrefundable $25 administrative fee. Tuition will be refunded if notice of withdrawal is provided at least 14 days prior to start date of the semester or date of workshop. If notice of withdrawal is given after two weeks prior to the start of the semester or date of workshop, students will receive a 50% refund, less the $25 administrative fee.
Student Account Credit
Students who withdraw between the first and third week of the semester will be issued a non-refundable account credit. All credits are subject to a nonrefundable $25 administrative fee. Credits will be issued for the remaining classes only. After the third week of the semester, no credits will be issued. Credits will be valid for two years from date issued.
The $25 administrative fee and Museum membership are non-refundable.
Students may transfer to any class not already filled within the first two weeks of class.
Make Up Classes
Please check the Museum’s website www.montclairartmuseum.org and/or the voice mail message after 7 a.m. weekdays and after 9 a.m. on weekends at 973-746-5555. If the Museum is already open, but will close early, the recording will be changed. Although school closings throughout the area will be taken into account as the decision is made about whether to close the Museum, the Museum’s website and phone number are the ultimate source of information.
Free parking is available in the Museum’s lot. For evening classes, please enter MAM parking lot at the South Mountain entrance.
MAM is not responsible for artwork and other property left on the premises, and has no liability if such property is stolen.
MAM reserves the right to substitute instructors of equal caliber in an emergency.
The Yard School of Art seeks volunteer teaching assistants to work alongside staff in our children’s classes. For information on this and other opportunities throughout the Museum, call the Volunteer Coordinator, at 973-259-5124.
Available Volunteer Positions
The Museum will occasionally document classes and student work using photography and video for promotional purposes only. If you do not want yourself, your child, or your artwork photographed, please notify the Yard School of Art in writing.
A limited number of scholarships are available each semester for children and teens. Current opportunities include the Nathaniel C. Harris, Jr. Yard School of Art Scholarship Fund for low income youths.
Membership in the Montclair Art Museum is valid for one year from the date of purchase. Members receive a variety of benefits including free admission to the museum, the Members e-newsletter InsideMAM, 10% discount in The Store at MAM, and priority registration and reduced tuition fees for studio classes.
Memberships are available in the following categories:
- Student (age 18+) $35 [proof of full-time status at an accredited college, university, or art school is required with payment]
- Individual $50
- Dual $70
- Family $75
- Friend $165
- Curator's Circle $325
- Sustaining $750
- Benefactor $1,500
- Director's Circle $3,000
- Inness Circle $5,500
For more information, please contact: