POLICIES AND PROCEDURES FOR YARD SCHOOL CLASSES, WORKSHOPS, AND CAMPS (INCLUDING SUMMERART)
Please read and agree to the below before completing registration.
- The Montclair Art Museum (MAM) processes registrations online and also accepts mailed, walk-in, or faxed registrations using the enrollment forms found on the MAM website. Walk-in registrations may be completed at, and left at, MAM’s receptionist desk.
- Registrations are processed in the order in which they are received and class enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis. MAM members at the Friends & Family Level and above can take advantage of priority registration in advance of open enrollment.
- Registration is complete when MAM is in receipt of full payment. No confirmations will be sent in the mail. An e-mail address is required at time of registration.
- Classes and camps not meeting a minimum enrollment one week prior to the first day will be canceled.
- Students enrolling after the start of the session are still required to pay full tuition. Tuition is not pro-rated.
- MAM will send an e-mail with camp confirmation and parent packet for all child and teen camps that includes emergency contact and other forms to be returned prior to the first day of camp.
- MAM reserves the right to refuse admission or dismiss any student due to inappropriate behavior.
- Students are not permitted to promote businesses or groups that compete with MAM’s mission during class time or through student interactions, and will be dismissed from class without refund or refused admission.
REFUNDS FOR CLASSES, WORKSHOPS, AND CAMPS (INCLUDING SUMMERART)
- Full refunds will be provided in the event that a class, workshop, or camp does not meet minimum enrollment and is canceled. All other refunds are subject to a nonrefundable $25 administrative fee.
- Classes and Workshops: Tuition for classes and workshops will be refunded if notice of withdrawal is provided at least 14 days prior to start date of the semester or date of workshop. If notice of withdrawal to a class or workshop is given within two weeks prior to the start of the semester or date of workshop, students will receive a 50% refund, less the $25 administrative fee.
- Camps including SummerART: Tuition will be refunded if notice of withdrawal is provided at least 30 DAYS prior to start date of the camp session from which you are withdrawing. If notice of withdrawal is given less than 30 DAYS prior to the start date of the camp from which you are withdrawing, you will receive a 50% refund, less the $25 administrative fee. No refunds will be given after the start date of the session for which you are enrolled.
- The $25 administrative fee and Museum membership are non-refundable.
STUDENT ACCOUNT CREDIT
Student credits are no longer issued. Prior credits are valid for two years from date issued and are not refundable. Contact 973-259-5139 to apply a valid prior credit to a registration.
Students may transfer to any camp or class not already filled within the first two weeks of classes or first two days of the SummerART kids and teen session.
MAKE UP CLASSES + SUBSTITUTE INSTRUCTORS
Classes not held due to a federal holiday, museum closure, or the instructor’s absence are made up at end of the session. Due to the full schedule of camps during SummerART, classes will not be made up. Students missing class by their own choice will not receive a make-up class, refund, or credit. MAM reserves the right to substitute instructors of equal caliber in an emergency.
CLOSING DUE TO SNOW, HAZARDOUS INCLEMENT WEATHER OR EMERGENCY
Please check the Museum’s website www.montclairartmuseum.org and/or the voice mail message after 7 a.m. weekdays and after 9 a.m. on weekends at 973-746-5555. If MAM is already open, but will close early, the recording will be changed. Although school closings throughout the area will be taken into account as the decision is made about whether to close, MAM’s website and phone number are the ultimate source of information.
Photographs, videotapes and/or interviews may be taken of children and parents, and photographs, videotapes, or interviews may be published and used to promote MAM’s programs. Photographs and video components of student art making and art work may be used for promotional purposes. If you do not want yourself, your child, or your child’s artwork photographed, please notify the Museum in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the beginning of class, workshop, or camp.
Free parking is available in the MAM parking lot. Please enter MAM parking lot at the South Mountain entrance.
MAM is not responsible for artwork and other property left on the premises, and has no liability if such property is stolen. A lost and found box is located at the Nathaniel C. Harris, Jr. (side) Entrance.
MATERIALS AND SUPPLIES
Materials for children’s and young teen courses and camps are provided. Spray paints, fixatives, and aerosols are prohibited. Supply lists for courses for students over 16 can be found at montclairartmuseum.org/supplylist. We recommend the use of non-toxic, no-odor solvents; ask your instructor for more information.
Gift certificates are available for classes. Contact the Education Office at 973-259-5139.
SCHOLARSHIPS AND FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
A limited number of scholarships are available each season for children and teens based on merit and financial need. The Art for All financial assistance program is available for children with disabilities and special needs. Please visit montclairartmuseum.org for more information.
MAM Membership is valid for one year from the date of purchase. Members receive a variety of benefits including free admission to the museum, the Members e-newsletter InsideMAM, 10% discount in The Store at MAM, and priority registration and reduced tuition fees for studio classes. Memberships categories and complete benefits are available on the MAM website.
PLEASE NOTE: The Art School tuition discount applies to only the member(s) named on the Membership Card for Student, Individual, and Dual memberships. Family-level memberships and higher categories entitle all members of the family (two adults and all children in the household, unless otherwise stated) to tuition at the reduced member rate. Single memberships are not offered for children under age 18. Therefore, to be eligible for the reduced member rate for children’s classes or camps, the child’s family must have a current Family or higher membership. Membership dues may be paid at the time of registration. If your membership is due to expire during the upcoming class session, please include your renewal payment with your registration fee. For more information, call the Membership Department at 973-259-5151.
TERMS OF REGISTRATION
In consideration of the benefit for which I, or my child, will derive from these activities, I hereby release the Montclair Art Museum (MAM), its trustees, staff, parents, and any other affiliated individuals associated with the Yard School of Art from any and all claims or actions whatsoever in connection with the operation and supervision of these activities. I understand that MAM does not have an onsite nurse or any other medical professional. Staff members will not administer medications and do not have the ability to monitor medical conditions. In the event of an emergency, MAM staff will seek outside medical assistance. Nuts and nut products are not permitted during camp, and the museum uses non-toxic art supplies; however, MAM does not guarantee that it is an allergen-free facility.
In the event that I cannot be contacted and the person that I have designated cannot be contacted or in the event of an emergency where there is not sufficient time to contact me or my designee, I hereby authorize MAM staff to act on my behalf with regard to medical treatment of myself or my child. Specifically without limitation, I authorize transportation for me, my child, and I authorize emergency medical treatment. Minors will be accompanied by a MAM staff person. I understand that MAM staff will make every effort to contact me, or my emergency contact, during an emergency.
My child has permission to take part in all activities at MAM during the summer program. In addition to activities that take place on the Museum grounds, I give my child permission to take walking tours under the supervision of MAM staff.