POLICIES AND PROCEDURES FOR YARD SCHOOL CLASSES, WORKSHOPS, AND CAMPS AND PUBLIC PROGRAMS
Please read COVID updates and waiver below.
Select classes for kids, teens, and adults are now held in person at MAM either in Leir Hall or in the Ceramics Studio and follow the safety guidelines below. Safety guidelines are subject to change.
Keeping everyone safe is a shared responsibility. Instructors and students are required to follow the safety protocols:
An instructor or student who is feeling ill or displaying any of the following will not be permitted to attend class. If symptoms arise during class, they must be sent home immediately:
- Feeling feverish or having an elevated measured temperature greater than or equal to 100 degrees Fahrenheit
- New or worsening cough, or shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Muscle pain
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Loss of taste and/or smell
- Having had any close contact with a person who is experiencing the above symptoms.
If an instructor or student has had contact with someone suspected or lab confirmed to be ill with COVID-19, they should not enter the museum or attend class for 14 days or until they test negative for the coronavirus.
If an instructor or student is suspected or lab-confirmed to be ill with COVID-19, they must go home and not return to the museum or attend class for 14 days and until they meet all of the following criteria:
- Fever-free for at least 72 hours (3 days) without medication.
- Other symptoms have improved.
- It has been at least 7 days since onset of symptoms.
- The decision to return to MAM has been made in conjunction with their healthcare provider.
Safety Guidelines – What to Expect
- Temperatures for all staff, instructors, and students will be taken and recorded daily. A questionnaire about health and exposure must be completed at that time. This will be done at the side door entrance to the Museum or the Ceramics Studio when admitted into the building.
- All staff and students must wash or sanitize their hands when coming in to class and every hour.
- We have installed hand sanitizers for staff and students use.
- All staff and students must wear coverings over their nose and mouth.
- All staff and students must maintain a minimum of 6’ from all others.
- Staff members and students should not share any equipment or supplies.
Classes for kids, teens, and adults held in Leir Hall are scheduled as 4-week sessions. In the event that the museum must close, the class will continue online via Zoom. Students who have a Creativity Kit of supplies provided by the museum will continue class at home with their kit, so they will have all the supplies they need continue to develop their artistic skills.
The Ceramics Studio has reopened with reduced class size of a maximum of 10 students, plexiglass dividers between wheels to the left and right of each student, touchless sinks with foot pedals, improved air circulation, and an enhanced cleaning protocol between classes. Instructors will wear face masks, wash hands regularly, and check his/her temperature upon entering the building.
We are working to keep you safe and healthy, but we cannot guarantee complete elimination of possible exposure to COVID-19. By entering the museum you assume the risk of such exposure.
We are taking extra precautions in our classrooms including disinfecting the space before and after each class. All students and Instructors are required to wash their hands before entering the classroom, and repeat once every hour class is in session. Students and Instructors must maintain a minimum of 6’ distance from each-other and are required to wear a mask that covers their mouth and nose completely.
Please do not attend class if you are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19.
- The Montclair Art Museum (MAM) accepts registrations online, by phone at 973-259-5139, or by e-mail to [email protected]. At this time, walk-in, mailed, or faxed registrations cannot be accepted.
- Registrations are processed in the order in which they are received and class enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis. MAM members at any level can take advantage of priority registration in advance of open enrollment.
- Registration is complete when MAM is in receipt of full payment. No confirmations will be sent in the mail. An e-mail, mailing address, and phone number are required at time of registration.
- A link to the online classroom will be e-mailed in advance of the first class. This link is only for enrolled students and not to be shared with those outside of the class.
- Students must download zoom in advance and join class with username matching registration.
- Classes and camps not meeting a minimum enrollment one week prior to the first day will be canceled.
- Students enrolling after the start of the session are still required to pay full tuition. Tuition is not pro-rated.
- MAM will send an e-mail with camp confirmation and parent packet for all child camps and teen classes that includes forms to be filled out prior to the first day of camp.
- MAM reserves the right to refuse admission or dismiss any student due to inappropriate behavior as outlined in the SummerART parent packet.
- Students are not permitted to promote businesses or groups that compete with MAM’s mission during class time or through student interactions, and will be dismissed from class without refund or refused admission.
REFUNDS FOR CLASSES, WORKSHOPS, AND CAMPS INCLUDING SUMMERART
- Full refunds will be provided in the event that a class, workshop, or camp does not meet minimum enrollment and is canceled. All other refunds are subject to a nonrefundable $25 administrative fee.
- Classes and Workshops: Tuition for classes and workshops will be refunded if notice of withdrawal is provided at least 14 days prior to start date of the semester or date of workshop. If notice of withdrawal to a class or workshop is given within two weeks prior to the start of the semester or date of workshop, students will receive a 50% refund, less the $25 administrative fee.
- Camps including SummerART: Tuition will be refunded if notice of withdrawal is provided at least 30 DAYS prior to start date of the camp session from which you are withdrawing. If notice of withdrawal is given less than 30 DAYS prior to the start date of the camp from which you are withdrawing, you will receive a 50% refund, less the $25 administrative fee. No refunds will be given after the start date of the session for which you are enrolled.
- The $25 administrative fee and Museum membership are non-refundable.
STUDENT ACCOUNT CREDIT
Student credits are no longer issued, with exception of credits issued for in-person classes canceled in spring 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Prior credits are valid for two years from date issued and are not refundable. Contact [email protected] to apply a valid prior credit to a registration.
Students may transfer to any camp or class not already filled within the first two weeks of classes or first two days of the SummerART kids and teen session.
MAKE UP CLASSES + SUBSTITUTE INSTRUCTORS
Classes not held due to a federal holiday, museum closure, or the instructor’s absence are made up at end of the session. Due to the full schedule of camps and teen classes during SummerART, classes will not be made up. Students missing class by their own choice will not receive a make-up class, refund, or credit. MAM reserves the right to substitute instructors of equal caliber in an emergency.
Photographs, screenshots, and videos may be taken of students, children, and parents, and their artwork, during online classes and may be published and used to promote MAM’s programs. If you do not want yourself, your child, or your child’s artwork photographed, please notify the Museum in writing at [email protected].
MATERIALS AND SUPPLIES
Supply lists for adult courses or supply kits for children’s camps and teen classes are provided. Supply lists for courses for students over 16 can be found at montclairartmuseum.org. We recommend the use of non-toxic, no-odor solvents; ask your instructor for more information.
Gift certificates are available for classes. Contact the Education Office at [email protected].
SCHOLARSHIPS AND FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
A limited number of scholarships are available each season for children and teens based on merit and financial need. Please visit montclairartmuseum.org for more information.
MAM Membership is valid for one year from the date of purchase. Members receive a variety of benefits including free admission to the museum, the Members e-newsletter InsideMAM, 10% discount in The Store at MAM, and priority registration and reduced tuition fees for studio classes. Membership categories and complete benefits are available on the MAM website.
PLEASE NOTE: The Art School tuition discount applies to the member only for Artist, Student, Individual, and Dual memberships. However, Family-level memberships and higher categories entitle all members of the immediate family to tuition at the reduced member rate. Single memberships are not offered for children under age 18. Therefore, to be eligible for the reduced member rate for children’s classes or camps, the child’s family must have a current Family or higher membership. Membership dues may be paid at the time of registration. If your membership is due to expire during the upcoming class session, please include your renewal payment with your registration fee. For more information, call the Membership Department at 973-259-5151.
TERMS OF REGISTRATION
In consideration of the benefit for which I, or my child, will derive from these activities, I hereby release Montclair Art Museum (MAM), its trustees, staff, parents, and any other affiliated individuals associated with the Yard School of Art from any and all claims or actions whatsoever in connection with the operation and supervision of these activities.