POLICIES AND PROCEDURES FOR VIRTUAL YARD SCHOOL CLASSES, WORKSHOPS, AND CAMPS (SUMMERART)
Please read. You will be asked to confirm that you have read and agree to the below before completing registration.
All classes and programs through summer 2020 will take place online with live instruction using the Zoom platform. Students will need to have a computer, tablet, or phone with internet and access to Zoom. No classes or programs will take place at the Montclair Art Museum facility on 3 South Mountain Avenue in Montclair, NJ.
- The Montclair Art Museum (MAM) accepts registrations online, by phone at 973-259-5139, or by e-mail to email@example.com. At this time, walk-in, mailed, or faxed registrations cannot be accepted.
- Registrations are processed in the order in which they are received and class enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis. MAM members at any level can take advantage of priority registration in advance of open enrollment.
- Registration is complete when MAM is in receipt of full payment. No confirmations will be sent in the mail. An e-mail, mailing address, and phone number are required at time of registration.
- A link to the online classroom will be e-mailed in advance of the first class. This link is only for enrolled students and not to be shared with those outside of the class.
- Students must download zoom in advance and join class with username matching registration.
- Classes and camps not meeting a minimum enrollment one week prior to the first day will be canceled.
- Students enrolling after the start of the session are still required to pay full tuition. Tuition is not pro-rated.
- MAM will send an e-mail with camp confirmation and parent packet for all child camps and teen classes that includes forms to be filled out prior to the first day of camp.
- MAM reserves the right to refuse admission or dismiss any student due to inappropriate behavior as outlined in the SummerART parent packet.
- Students are not permitted to promote businesses or groups that compete with MAM’s mission during class time or through student interactions, and will be dismissed from class without refund or refused admission.
REFUNDS FOR CLASSES, WORKSHOPS, AND CAMPS INCLUDING SUMMERART
- Full refunds will be provided in the event that a class, workshop, or camp does not meet minimum enrollment and is canceled. All other refunds are subject to a nonrefundable $25 administrative fee.
- Classes and Workshops: Tuition for classes and workshops will be refunded if notice of withdrawal is provided at least 14 days prior to start date of the semester or date of workshop. If notice of withdrawal to a class or workshop is given within two weeks prior to the start of the semester or date of workshop, students will receive a 50% refund, less the $25 administrative fee.
- Camps including SummerART: Tuition will be refunded if notice of withdrawal is provided at least 30 DAYS prior to start date of the camp session from which you are withdrawing. If notice of withdrawal is given less than 30 DAYS prior to the start date of the camp from which you are withdrawing, you will receive a 50% refund, less the $25 administrative fee. No refunds will be given after the start date of the session for which you are enrolled.
- The $25 administrative fee and Museum membership are non-refundable.
STUDENT ACCOUNT CREDIT
Student credits are no longer issued, with exception of credits issued for in-person classes canceled in spring 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Prior credits are valid for two years from date issued and are not refundable. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply a valid prior credit to a registration.
Students may transfer to any camp or class not already filled within the first two weeks of classes or first two days of the SummerART kids and teen session.
MAKE UP CLASSES + SUBSTITUTE INSTRUCTORS
Classes not held due to a federal holiday, museum closure, or the instructor’s absence are made up at end of the session. Due to the full schedule of camps and teen classes during SummerART, classes will not be made up. Students missing class by their own choice will not receive a make-up class, refund, or credit. MAM reserves the right to substitute instructors of equal caliber in an emergency.
Photographs, screenshots, and videos may be taken of students, children, and parents, and their artwork, during online classes and may be published and used to promote MAM’s programs. If you do not want yourself, your child, or your child’s artwork photographed, please notify the Museum in writing at email@example.com.
MATERIALS AND SUPPLIES
Supply lists for adult courses or supply kits for children’s camps and teen classes are provided. Supply lists for courses for students over 16 can be found at montclairartmuseum.org. We recommend the use of non-toxic, no-odor solvents; ask your instructor for more information.
Gift certificates are available for classes. Contact the Education Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCHOLARSHIPS AND FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
A limited number of scholarships are available each season for children and teens based on merit and financial need. Please visit montclairartmuseum.org for more information.
MAM Membership is valid for one year from the date of purchase. Members receive a variety of benefits including free admission to the museum, the Members e-newsletter InsideMAM, 10% discount in The Store at MAM, and priority registration and reduced tuition fees for studio classes. Membership categories and complete benefits are available on the MAM website.
PLEASE NOTE: The Art School tuition discount applies to the member only for Student and Individual memberships. However, Family level memberships and higher categories entitle all members of the immediate family to tuition at the reduced member rate. Single memberships are not offered for children under age 18. Therefore, to be eligible for the reduced member rate for children’s classes or camps, the child’s family must have a current Family or higher membership. Membership dues may be paid at the time of registration. If your membership is due to expire during the upcoming class session, please include your renewal payment with your registration fee. For more information, call the Membership Department at 973-259-5151.
TERMS OF REGISTRATION
In consideration of the benefit for which I, or my child, will derive from these activities, I hereby release Montclair Art Museum (MAM), its trustees, staff, parents, and any other affiliated individuals associated with the Yard School of Art from any and all claims or actions whatsoever in connection with the operation and supervision of these activities.